CALL THE COSTA RICA SPECIALISTS
Terms and Conditions of Lodging Tours and in Country Travel
Bookings require a minimum of services, including hotels and at least one additional ground service. Programs are sold as a package only and no price breakdown will be provided. Client/Travel Agent warrants that all information supplied in connection with the booking of travel products is true and accurate. Without limitation, any speculative, false or fraudulent reservation, or any reservation made in anticipation of demand is prohibited.
All prices are quoted in U.S. Dollars and apply to the services provided herein, which include, lodging, transportation and tours. Confirmation of hotel space will not be requested until the deposit has been received. Alternate properties will be offered in the event the quoted hotel is not available.
All terms apply to those services. Prices are per person and are based on a minimum of two travelers. Costa Rica airport departure taxes of $29.00 USD, per person, are not reflected in any of the prices quoted.
With the current travel restrictions due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, Costa Rica Dream Adventures has taken some actions to provide flexibility for your future travel plans.
- Book with confidence with No Change Fees. Zero Risk.
- No penalties if travel dates are changed up to 35 days prior to departure. Applies to selected hotels.
- Travel voucher to be used within 12 months of the original date of travel.
- A $100 guarantee non-refundable deposit to secure rate and vacation package.
- Final Payment must be paid 35 days prior to departure. Some restrictions apply to certain hotels. Not valid for Peak season.
- If the priced program is higher, the traveler will pay the difference.
- In special cases (such as for villa rentals) a larger deposit may be required.
- Group Travel policies upon request
Enjoy peace of mind vacation planning. Zero risks and stress-free. Book with confidence. We are ready when you are!
•In case of total cancellation of the trip from the moment of the reservation up to 31 days before the arrival of the passengers in Costa Rica, the guarantee deposit will be penalized.
•In case of total cancellation of the trip between 30 days and until 16 days prior to the arrival of the passengers in Costa Rica, there will be a penalty of 50% of the total cost of the trip.
•In case of total cancellation of the trip between 15 days and until the arrival of the passengers in Costa Rica, there will be a penalty of 100% of the total cost of the trip.
In the event that passengers are forced to cancel their trip for reasons related to the Covid-19 such as border closures in both the United States and/or Costa Rica that prevent them from flying, or in the eventuality that they become ill with COVID-19 that prevents them from leaving their place of residence (positive lab test and medical report is required), travel dates may be changed without any penalty up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled arrival date Costa Rica.
A voucher with the total value of the trip will be issued and will be valid for one year from the time the voucher was issued.
Please know that for Non-COVID-19 related cancelations penalties may apply. Due to these uncertain times, we strongly recommend getting travel insurance including the canceling for any reason benefit so travelers can enjoy stress-free vacation planning.
Requirements to enter Costa Rica
- Travelers must complete an epidemiological survey.
- Travel insurance that covers medical care in Costa Rica related to COVID-19 of at least $50,000 and $2,000 for unexpected extended hotel accommodation expenses.
- Tourists must follow all airport and local health protocols.
- Face coverings or face shields in all indoor circumstances. The only exceptions are at restaurants and all open-air tourism activities.
-Important: negative proof of COVID test no longer needed starting Oct. 26.
- Mandatory use of face masks or face shields.
- Social distancing. Markers will encourage proper distancing in all areas.
- Thermal scans upon arrival.
- At least five cameras will take the temperature of the visitors on their way to the immigration area.
- Passengers must complete the Epidemiological form.
- Disinfected carpets installed at the entrances and sanitized every 3 hours.
- Hand Sanitizer Stations will be available to all travelers at ticket counters, immigration checkpoints, and other parts of the airport.
- Clear barriers will separate passengers from the ticket counters, customs, and payment points.
- Cleaning will be reinforced in the terminal, as well as in common areas.
- Only traveling passengers will be allowed to enter the airport.
- Boarding will be conducted in small groups, from the back of the plane to the front.
• Valid policy during the visit to Costa Rica
• If selecting international travel insurance, the policy must cover for medical expenses in cases of COVID-19 in Costa Rica, for at least USD$50,000
• If selecting Costa Rica travel insurance, the policy must cover for medical expenses related to COVID-19, including medication, for at least USD$20,000
• Policy must include coverage of USD $2,000 for extended lodging expenses due to the pandemic
• Visitors will be required to submit insurance information online by filling out the epidemiological form.
• If the visitor has a foreign policy, they must upload a PDF for validation in English or Spanish
• If the visitor has a Costa Rica travel insurance, the policy number can be included online.
If you are planning to travel to Costa Rica during the pandemic, be sure to add travel medical insurance that can help with medical costs if you contract COVID-19 while traveling.
Safe Travels Voyager meets all the insurance requirements for visitors to Costa Rica. This plan offers robust coverage for COVID-19, trip cancellation, trip interruption, trip cancellation, missed connections, medical evacuation, and more. Safe Travelers Voyager is the perfect companion for any traveler to Costa Rica.
(Click on the title for insurance link)
CRDA Vacation Protocols-Updated August 1st, 2020
-Your driver will meet you outside the “Arrivals” area.
-He will be wearing a face covering and other personal protective equipment.
- Disinfected before and after your transfer.
-Luggage will be disinfected before loading it into the vehicle.
-Natural ventilation will be encouraged during your transfer.
-You will be required to wear face coverings.
- Online check-in is available.
- The hotel front desk will have clear protective barriers.
- Room keys will be disinfected.
- Hotel staff will be wearing masks.
- You will be required to wear face coverings.
- Surfaces with mayor contact will have special cleaning procedures.
- Housekeepers will use protective equipment while cleaning your room.
- It will be your choice if you want housekeeping to clean your room during your stay.
Food & Beverages
- Safety protocols implemented at hotel restaurants and bars.
- Meal schedules may be established, and you will be required to make a reservation.
- Waiters will be using personal protective gear.
- At some restaurants, menus will be digital, for you to access by your smartphone or tablet
- The tour operations with outdoor activities will be enabled, including hiking, trekking, canopy, cable cars, rafting, water recreation, and air recreation, all under strict compliance with sanitary protocols.
- Beaches located in Yellow Alert areas will be open from 5:00 am to 2:30 pm.
- Daytime driving is permitted from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. on weekdays, and 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekends.
- All regions under a Yellow Alert remain in “Phase 3,” which allows for most commercial businesses and hotels to operate at 50% capacity.
- Bars and nightclubs must remain closed. Phase 4 will see extended hours and capacity limits.
- The tour guide will take your temperature before boarding the vehicle.
- Tour transportation will be disinfected before your trip.
- The A/C will be set as flow and not circulating.
- When possible, open windows will be preferable. A/C vents will be sanitized daily. Seats will be assigned during shared transfers.
- Face coverings required during transfer to tour location.
- All equipment required during the activity will be disinfected between usages.
- Cleaning stations to wash your hands before entering facilities.
- Tour guides and staff will wear face masks and gloves, according to the nature of the activity.
- Face masks not required at all open-air tourism activities.
- Your transfer to the airport will be scheduled 4 hours prior to departure.
- You will be required to wear face masks.
- Upon arrival at the airport, you will be asked to clean your shoes on the disinfection station and personnel of the airport will take your temperature.
- Boarding of the plane will be done in small groups.
- Avoid close contact by staying at least 6 feet from anyone who is not from your social bubble.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Don't forget to pack your & hand sanitizer.
- Bring your own pen.
- Bring enough of your medicine.
- Pay with credit or debit card
Forms of Payment
Payments can be made by agency check or by credit card only. Visa, MasterCard, American Express & Discover cards are accepted. For credit card payments, a Credit Card Authorization Form must be completed, signed and faxed to 770-813-8303. All charges will be billed by Duluth Travel, Inc. (Costa Rica Dream Adventures is a subsidiary of Duluth Travel)
Additionally, a surcharge of 3% of the total charge of the trip may be assessed for all credit card purchases.
Entry Requirements U.S. Citizens
For entry to Costa Rica, U.S. Citizens must have a valid passport with a minimum expiration date of 6 months from the date of return to the U.S. While in Costa Rica, all U.S. Citizens must carry proof of identification at all times. Citizens of non-U.S. countries, please consult local consulates.
Notification of changes and/or cancellation
All of these terms are subject to change based on service provider’s policy. All refund or changes requests must be in writing to Costa Dream Adventures, Inc. at either 2860 Peachtree Ind. Blvd., Suite 1000, Duluth, GA 30097 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The terms and conditions are not intended directly for consumers, but rather are for the benefit of Travel Agents or resellers of travel services.
The content of this document/flyer/site is owned or controlled by Costa Rica Dream Adventures, Inc. and is protected by worldwide copyright laws. You may use content only for personal non-commercial purposes. No further reproduction or modification of the content is permitted.
Costa Rica Dream Adventures, Inc. acts as an independent agent for hotels, or other lodging providers, tour companies and transportation companies, collectively (“service Providers”). Costa Rica Dream Adventures, Inc. makes no representation or warranty as to any service provider’s service levels, safety levels or intended performance. Costa Rica Dream Adventures, Inc. is an independent agent only and have no control or influence over the performance, operations or policies of the service providers. Please note that all services are subject to cancellation penalties as expressed herein, but are subject to change. It is the Agents/Reseller’s responsibility to read and understand the details regarding cancellation penalties before booking. Contact a Costa Rica Dream Adventures, Inc. Representative to determine the details regarding cancellation penalties for your proposed booking.
COSTA RICA DREAM ADVENTURES, INC. SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, INJURIES, SAVINGS, OR GOODWILL RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE INFORMATION PROVIDED HEREIN. You should therefore verify information obtained from this document before you act upon it, as applicable.