There is currently no vaccine to prevent Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the best way to protect yourself is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says coronavirus can be spread mainly from person-to-person. It also says that it may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes.
To disinfect, CDC recommends using most common EPA-registered household disinfectants, diluted household bleach solutions and alcohol solutions with at least 70% alcohol.
The American Chemistry Council’s (ACC) Center for Biocide Chemistries (CBC) has compiled a list of products that have been pre-approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for use against emerging enveloped viral pathogens and can be used during the COVID-19 outbreak.
HOW TO PREVENT THE SPREAD
– Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community.
– Clean your hands often. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
– Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. Throw used tissues in the trash. Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer.
– Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks. If surfaces are dirty, clean them: use detergent, wipes or soap and water prior to disinfection.
– Consider staying at home and away from crowds if you or a family member are an older adult or have underlying health issues
Is traveling still safe due to Coronavirus?
LIST OF CLEANING PRODUCTS
Here is a list of some of the products:
Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes
Clorox® Clean-Up Cleaner + Bleach
Clorox® Disinfecting Bleach2
Clorox 4 In One Disinfecting Spray
Clorox Pet Solutions Advanced Formula Disinfecting Stain & Odor Remover
Clorox Scentiva Bathroom Disinfecting Foam Cleaner
Lysol® Disinfectant Spray
Lysol® Disinfectant Spray Max Cover Mist
Lysol® Multi-Surface Cleaner Pourable
Lysol® Multi-Purpose Cleaner with Hydrogen Peroxide
Lysol® Multi-Purpose Cleaner with Bleach
Lysol® Power Bathroom Cleaner
Lysol® Power Foam Bathroom Cleaner
Lysol® Power Toilet Bowl Cleaner
Lysol® Toilet Bowl Cleaner with Bleach
Lysol® IC Quaternary Disinfectant Cleaner
Professional Lysol® Heavy Duty Bathroom Cleaner
Purell Professional Surface Disinfectant Wipes
PURELL Foodservice Surface Sanitizer
PURELL Healthcare Surface Disinfectant
PURELL Multi Surface Disinfectant
PURELL Food Processing Surface Sanitizer
Sani-Prime Germicidal Disposable Wipe
Sani-Prime Germicidal Spray
Peak Disinfectant Wipes
Microban 24 Hour Multi-Purpose Cleaner
3M Quat Disinfectant Cleaner Concentrate
Symplicity Sanibet Multi-Range Sanitizer
For the full list of EPA approved products click here